In the dream, in the details that remain with me, for it has been many days since the dreaming… the gathering of sounds were cradled like cantos in the poetry of the midnight air locked within the arms of branches. And as I listened to what must have been the starlight, for in the dream it was the sound of light and colour, the branches became the forms of women revealed. They were the embodiment of women that I knew and recognized, albeit some never met, some known well to me and others not as well-known but more like the promises of revelations to come… and yet all held about them a sense of treasure, wisdom and grace. I moved among them as if I was the breath of a song and as the song grew within my heart, the light refracted into kaleidoscopes of sound and it was as if the tree and all the gatherings of friends became a chalice for the iridescent sky.
- Last of the roses. Dealing with post-exhibition blues March 22, 2017
- Dance on the easy breeze February 19, 2017
- That is all February 12, 2017
- Possessed October 15, 2016
- Genesis October 6, 2016
- We are the dreams we keep September 6, 2016
- Consumed by Sound August 21, 2016
- I hear the golden August 14, 2016
- Cliff’s Baobab August 14, 2016
- Out of the Ashes August 14, 2016
Copyright© Jenny Reyneke, Reyneke Art and Red Walls and Easels, 2003-2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jenny Reyneke, Reyneke Art and Red Walls and Easels with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Follow Red Walls and Easels – A brush with life on WordPress.com